I should start doing this monthly. Make a post listing my goals and at the end of the month, I can review how I did. This was actually Java’s suggestion (and a couple of others), so thank you! I need to make goals and work towards them to keep depression from taking over.
I know what you are thinking! “OH YEAH! A GOAL POST!”
Long Term Goals
I think I am supposed to pick three long-term goals to work towards. These are my three picks with reasons.
- Make a money plan or the next six months. I need to do this anyway. I need to plan what I am going to do to support myself. I have some opportunities come up that I need to seriously consider.
- FINISH THE FRICKING BOOK DRAFT! I am so horrible at this. I let myself get sucked into self-doubt too easily and I really need to stop doing that!
- Get rid of most of my stuff. I plan to go mostly digital and plan to live in an RV or a van. So I need to reduce my household inventory by a shit ton (which is approximately 264.2 gallons of human shit. Now you know). Besides, the minimal lifestyle is calling my name. I am keeping my Coca~Cola bottles though!
This Month Goals – September 2016
This one I am supposed to pick one thing per week and one for the month (or something like that.) So I picked five things I can work on this month.
- Pick up son from airport. Don’t laugh. I left him at a rest area once. I went back for him though!
- Post 3 posts a week AND one survey post on Sundays. I am adding reminders to my phone so I can’t flake it off. Now that I am doing better (once my mouth isn’t killing me) I am better prepared to conquer blogging. I need the other days for Ebay and Etsy stuff.
- Ebay and Etsy stuff. I actually have Ebay on my phone. And this will make two goals… actually three goals. It helps with the financial plan, the getting rid of stuff, and this goal.
- Keep up with my house routine (even if it is small). I can’t do this until next week or this weekend. It does help me feel more accomplished though. Like, I know it’s hard but I can do it!
- Write something EVERY DAY! Not on Reddit or Facebook, this blog, or SparkPeople either. Write something towards the book or another book.
I will report back at the end of the month how my goals went. I have a reminder set for that too.